Monday, March 21, 2011

Another hot day

It's hot today, what's new! :P
Today I took turns with Alyssa driving around her mo-ped as we ran errands together. Had a little fall going like 5mph in some loose dirt and scraped up my foot and hand. It's not bad, just stings. I think my pride was hurt more than my body haha, it's all good!
Yesterday I was in Fairke visiting Heidi at the Baptist hospital, she had her appendix removed. She's doing great considering, just is tired and what not. Beckie was also in bed with

a fever from her Malaria, but I know that being there will be great for both of them...time to rest and regain their strength. Anyways, it was my first trip to Fairke, and brought many mini-adventures with "soldiers" at road blocks who were civilians pretending to be military hassling people for money, and adventures in the market and on the moto avoiding potholes than seemingly come form nowhere. The view on the 45 minute ride there and back was pretty, and worth the bugs that hit me in the face going 100kmh (ouch!).

Things here in Korhogo have been good here the last week or so. I'm glad I had the long talk with Glenn Kendall that I did, as it has given me much to pray about and consider concerning my future, which is good! I've taken back to studying my flash cards and french textbook again, which is becoming really helpful. I was trying to just absorb French through everyday talking and what not, and while some areas get better and better, other things I don't use as much get worse lol. It really is just all about using what you learn all the time, or else you WILL forget.
I'm reading "Passion & Purity" by Elizabeth Elliot, and am liking it a lot so far, though I'm only a few chapters in. I'm also reading a book my friend Megan Halterman loaned me called "You Brain On Music" which is quite stimulating for my brain.

Things with my family and friends here are fun. I have fun being silly and dancing around or making funny noises with my sisters and little brothers. I also like to pick up the youngest, Ungalo, and hang him upside down - he gets a big kick out of that lol. I really appreciate my brothers who are older and more mature than the little kids, we have lots of great conversations. And my parents hospitality is never ending - I'm so grateful for them. Jesus really has placed me in a great family, a family that follows the Lord and each other, and are really helpful to me when I'm being "American" and having trouble learning or understanding something lol. The biggest challenge right now involving family is still food, I'm absolutely tired of Ivorian food, but God is good and I eat every bite I possibly can with a smile, sometimes in my head praying "In the name of Jesus I eat this bite". In everything you do do it in the name of Jesus for the glory of God the Father right?

So here are a few pictures, a couple of things here, and several of things and people I miss at home (of which i have pictures):


This is Bambi, my pet for 3 days who eventually died sadly. I'm pretty sure my family didn't know how to feed him correctly. OH well, farewell Bambi, you are missed.

















This is rice with sauce vert (green sauce). It's made with green beans and is pretty tasty if you aren't tired of rice :P

















These are my two nieces: Bonnie and Molly. So cute! I miss them dearly, even though I've yet to meet Molly.






















This is the Jon Shabaglian band, of which I played in for 4 plus years. They are recording a new album right now, and I'm excited to hear it! Miss you guys!

















My grandma and my sister-in-law Hilary with their new tats! I love them, and it's just like my 80 yr old grandma to get a tattoo. The woman in the middle is the artist.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, its great to hear how things are going Jason. I can only imagine how it is with the food. Maybe you could make dinner one night...
    I am sorry about your pet.

    I was totally imagining you lift the little one upside down. I'm sure they are so much fun!

    Congrats on being an uncle again!
    Congrats to Laura and Micheal:)

    ReplyDelete

Leave me comments!